Interesting ASP conversion of Speed-Six to .44 Special

Help Support Ruger Forum:

deac45

Single-Sixer
RichCapeCod said:
...None of the tritium lights are working (I'd love to have them replaced with fresh ones. Anyone know where to go for that??)...

Wonder if Trijicon would do that for you?
Great looking little shooter. Bet it's a sweet shooter.
Welcome to the forum!

deac45

RichCapeCod

Bearcat
bronco45 said:
"I remember the article and the Asps built by Theodore and others."

I hung out at the Seventrees shop in the middle of Manhattan a great deal. That's how I met Kevin Parsons, president of ASP. Paris Theodore was forever trying to get someone to manufacture his ASP pistol, a lightened and cut-down S&W 39. He ran through many different backers! It is a long, long story. At one point I manufactured some of his handcuff carry cases for an order from the NIS guys. Never got paid. Another long story....

One trick Paris taught me was to remove the grips from my Hi-Standard D-101 for added concealability. The ugly ductape was to cover the screw-hole in the side of the grip panel.

IMG_1892_Hi-StandardD-10150mm_01-06-11.jpg

IMG_1893_Hi-StandardD-10150mm_01-06-11.jpg

Paris made me this little pocket holster for my D-101.
SeventreesPocketHolsterD-101.jpg

cas6969

Buckeye
Interesting Paris Theodore stuff here if folks have never seen it.

http://www.thegunzone.com/people/paris_theodore.html
http://www.thegunzone.com/people/paris_theodore2.html

Location plays a big part, I'm always amused at the interest people have the NYPD guns, SP & GP. I used to see them all the time when they transitioned to the 9's. Had I known people would want them later I'd have bought up every one I ever saw. :D

edlmann

Blackhawk
steve b said:
I'll remain quite fond of my C.A. Bulldog until Ruger does make something like this. The Bulldog is best restricted to factory level loads too.

My early '80s Bulldog likes the Federal 200 gr lead SWCs. I had it Magnaported and it changed POI so much I had to file about 1/4" off of the front sight.

OldNavy

Single-Sixer
I'm afraid that when ruger does build a double-action .44 Special, it'll probably resemble an air-weight Alaskan. If Ruger does build a .44 special on the GP frame, I'll have to buy two (I can already hear my daughter saying "Daddy, can I have it?").

Lee Martin

Hunter
Great thread. I have old and new Charter Arms Bulldogs and have always liked 3" 5-shot 44 Specials:

Charter_Arms_Bulldog.JPG

Charter_Arms_Bulldog_2.jpg

I'm still kicking myself for not buying a 696 S&W when they were reasonably priced (seems like they go for $800 - $1,000 nowadays).

If Ruger released a small 44 Special with say a 3" barrel, I think it would sell. When Smith brought out the 696, the old Special was still overlooked. A similar model may fair better with renewed interest in the round.

pyth0n

Buckeye
That's a sweet conversion. I did some more research & found someone, at Glock Talk, asking about the same sight replacement (and it references your article). They posted this for a replacement; https://tooltechgunsight.com/. Their home page says they work with Trijicon.
Hope this helps.
P.S.
Just realized this was an old post. Did you ever find a sight?

Last edited: